We want to keep our customers and distributors up to date on what is trending in the marketplace with regards to booklet labels. We see growth in the following arears:
- GHS- Global Harmonization is a hot topic because the deadline is sometime in the middle of next year. We have a number of large clients who are very concerned with how they are going to handle the languages and symbols on small curved product.
Go to our note on GHS to find out more. http://www.jhbertrand.com/page/GHS/164.html
- e-Pedigree- This relates mostly to pharmaceuticals. Due to the wide spread counterfeiting of drugs, the FDA and pharma manfacturers want drugs to be serialized and coded to reduce this problem. JH Bertrand has the capabilities to add the appropriate codes for pharma booklet labels.
- Green Booklet Labels- Customers are asking about materials that can be used for recycling. They want their labels to have a more natural look. JH Bertrand can design a booklet label for you that addresses the look that you want to achieve.
- Where are the coupons labels? – Our channel checks show that far fewer coupons are being purchased this year. We are not exactly sure why, but customers seem to be trending toward smart phone coupon applications shown at the register rather than putting one on the product. For obvious reasons, we think that coupon labels are a very effective and won’t be replaced by smart phones etc. However, there is no denying that coupon labels are nowhere near as popular (for now) as they used to be.
- Multilingual booklet labels– business and products gets more global everyday. There is great cost savings in eliminating individual country labels in favor of consolidating all the information into booklet labels. Not only are we very skilled with languages, we offer technical translations services as well.