The Smart Phone is in its heyday. There is virtually nothing it isn’t able to do particularly as IOT or the Internet Of Things becomes a reality that allows everything to communicate. Every day, new applications are being found. Conversely, printed booklet labels are under pressure for being a “limited” technology. But, when you look deeper, there are some INCREDIBLE advantages to booklet labels that will last for years to come. I have listed those advantages below.
- Instructions/information are affixed DIRECTLY to the product rather than being accessed from a device that may require multiple steps to get to the information.
- The end user doesn’t have to be tech savvy to use it. Those who haven’t grown up with technology may resist it.
- In our litigious society, booklet labels may be the best legal defense against product liability because the information is on the product. You can just hear the prosecution…”And where was the information located..”
- You get a HARD COPY with the product.
- You don’t need an expensive, complicated network to use them.
- They offer ways to build a deeper, layered defense against counterfeiting.
- They offer a way to open up your graphics and put the “scary” information inside the booklet label.
- They don’t use batteries.
- They don’t break.
- They won’t have a catastrophic malfunction.
- They can’t be hacked.
- They offer a simpler presentation. Complexity can create unanticipated problems and costs.
Booklet Labels are certainly still a relevant, powerful way to present information with many advantages. With that said, our view is that both technologies are necessary, and complementary not mutually exclusive. Combining technologies can make a product package far superior than what may be currently presented. Keep that in mind when you are designing your next product package. Call us for ideas.