It’s a little “secret” in the label industry that when we don’t know key information, we have to be conservative with our assumptions. This means we have to add more cost to the quote than might be necessary in order to avoid losing money. To get better, more accurate quotes (which can often mean better pricing) , here’s a list of what we need so we can avoid inflating a quote to cover our costs.
- Overall booklet label size?
- How many pages?
- How many colors in the booklet? On the base label?
- How many versions? What changes on the version?
- What is it being applied to? Bottle, Box etc
- What is the application temperature?
- What is the storage temperature?
- If it is auto or hand applied?
- What is the label unwind number?
- What is the max roll size?
- Is there something extra needed like variable code printing or bar codes?
We understand that not all the information is always available during the quote so don’t worry about not having all the information. We just wanted to make the point that more information will make quotes more accurate which translates into a smoother process for everybody involved. Happy New Year to you and your family.